What is TRIO?
TRIO is a nationwide series of educational opportunity programs designed to help low income, first generation, and/or disabled Americans enter and graduate from college. TRIO programs are operated by hundreds of colleges, universities and community organizations, with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. There are both pre-college and college level TRIO programs. The various TRIO programs serve students ranging from 6th graders to those pursuing advanced degrees. Currently, over 2,700 TRIO programs serve nearly 873,000 students.
TRIO programs provide advising and academic support to help students overcome barriers to higher education. TRIO is committed to providing educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background or economic circumstance.
Upward Bound (UB) at CCC serves 73 students from 9th – 12th grade in cooperation with the Astoria, Warrenton and Seaside school districts. Our mission is to help students gain the knowledge and skills to succeed in high school and go on to college. We recognize that parent, school and community involvement are crucial to the success of the program and the students.
UB helps enrolled students to:
- Maximize their academic skills, succeed in high school classes and be prepared for college.
- Learn how to navigate the educational system -- all the requirements, deadlines and processes.
- Get in-depth information about career choices and educational options.
- Set individual educational and career goals and plans.
- Take and succeed in core classes that build a foundation for postsecondary education.
- Graduate from high school.
- Enroll in a postsecondary program and continue to graduation.
Clatsop Community College’s Upward Bound program is 100% funded by a federal grant in the amount of $353,059.
Link to CCC Website:
Link to UB Online Application:
Link to Upward Bound Video:
Talent Search/Upward Bound Advisor
Warrenton High School & Warrenton Middle School
Book a 30-minute appointment:
Book a 60-minute appointment:
Trio Office Contact: