What is TRIO?
TRIO is a nationwide series of educational opportunity programs designed to help low income, first generation, and/or disabled Americans enter and graduate from college. TRIO programs are operated by hundreds of colleges, universities and community organizations, with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. There are both pre-college and college level TRIO programs. The various TRIO programs serve students ranging from 6th graders to those pursuing advanced degrees. Currently, over 2,700 TRIO programs serve nearly 873,000 students.
TRIO programs provide advising and academic support to help students overcome barriers to higher education. TRIO is committed to providing educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background or economic circumstance.
Talent Search at CCC serves 671 students from 6th – 12th grade in cooperation with the Astoria, Warrenton, Seaside and Knappa school districts. Our mission is to help students succeed in school and develop a clear vision of their educational choices beyond high school. We recognize that parent, school and community involvement are crucial to the success of the program and the students.
TS helps enrolled students to::
- Be successful in middle school and high school classes.
- Learn about career choices and educational options.
- Begin setting individual educational and career goals and planning how to achieve them.
- Select appropriate classes to build a foundation for their postsecondary work.
- Graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary education.
- Enter and successfully complete a postsecondary degree or certificate program.
Clatsop Community College’s Talent Search program is 100% funded by a federal grant in the amount of $330,132.
Link to CCC Website:
Trio Office Contact: